Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Served With Love: Grace


Last night the dinner I Served With Love was Papa Murphy's pizza, a store bought salad mix, and cut up grapes and cucumbers.  It was one of those nights.

We got back from vacation Sunday night so the house was a mess (when I unpack, it looks like a bomb went off in the suitcase) and fridge was bare.  I didn't sleep well the night before because all the things I need to do were running through my head.  I didn't leave work until almost 5:45 pm which meant I wasn't home until well after 6 pm.  Dinner getting on the table by 6:30 pm was not going to happen, especially if I had to make something.  A quick call to Papa Murphy's and a stop on the way home was all I needed to get a meal on the table.  

And you know what?  Everyone was happy!  Not a big deal at all.  And I was able to soak up some time with the kids while the pizza was cooking.  Way better than frantically trying to create something out of nothing while exhausted.  


I'm glad I've learned through the years to give myself some grace on nights like this.

What is your go to quick pick up meal?  I'd love to have some others in my back pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment